- What does a business broker do?
- How are businesses priced?
- How long does it take to sell a business?
- What happens when a buyer becomes interested in a business?
- When the parties reach agreement.
- What can sellers do to help sell their business?
- Should the seller finance part of the transaction?
What does a business broker do?
Business brokers facilitate the successful sale of businesses by helping determine the price of the business, helping to structure terms that will be acceptable to both the seller and to the buyer and finally, coordinating the sales process until the transaction is successfully closed.
In addition to helping the seller fairly value the business, structure the transaction and find the right Buyer, Beltway also acts as a “project manager.” Beltway coordinates the sale process with a seller’s other professional advisers, lenders and other relevant parties, works with the seller to obtaining financing and plans for an orderly, profitable change in ownership.