- Why use a business broker?
- What affects business marketability?
- How can sellers protect themselves when financing a portion of the sale?
- What is the minimum down payment a seller should require?
- What role will a seller play after the sale?
- New Criteria For SBA Business Acquisition Financing
- Can Beltway Brokerage sell my business?
Why use a business broker?
The process of buying or selling a business requires dedicated, professional attention. Marketing and facilitating a business transfer is a full-time job! You deserve someone who will work as hard as you do. Business brokers have a unique knowledge of the market based on their evaluations of many businesses. A qualified Broker will save buyers and business owners money by helping them to avoid costly mistakes, effectively marketing the appeal of the seller’s business, and maximizing exposure to serious, qualified buyers—all with complete confidentiality.
For example, ask yourself:
- How do you reach qualified buyers, possibly including competitors, without disclosing your intentions to sell?
- How do you evaluate your business objectively to ensure you receive top dollar for your investment and avoid costly negotiating tactics?
- How do you prepare and provide the information a prospective buyer will require to interest him or her in pursuing your business in favor of other options?
- How do you arrive at the best price and terms, including the intangible and goodwill values of your business?
- How do you maximize your favorable exposure to potential offers while minimizing your potentially damaging public exposure to customers, competitors, employees, and suppliers?
- How do you market your business in all of the appropriate markets, databases, and media efficiently, effectively and confidentially?
- How do you screen and pre-qualify buyers, determine their motivations, managerial capabilities, and financial strength?
- How do you effectively sell your business, diverting significant time, effort and resources to that process, while continuing to manage your ongoing business productively?
The answer is clear: The sale of your business demands a professional, just as running your business demands a professional. Beltway Business Brokerage has the expertise, tools, and connections to market and sell your business successfully. We work very hard to protect your business investment and maximize your net after-tax profit on the sale. It is to our advantage and yours to obtain the best possible price that a reasonable buyer will pay. We pledge to maintain high ethical standards and open and honest communications in all of our business relationships.